Monday, 20 August 2012

More Pinterest Inspiration!

I cannot remember if I have raved about the teacher toolboxes which are all over Pinterest  but I am sure I have. Well I received my toolbox from Amazon and finally finished it! I am so in love with it and cannot wait until I can get it into my classroom. I am going in tomorrow to start setting up even though we still have 2 weeks off.

So here is what I did to make it...

When I ordered it all they had was grey ones. (Now they have black one ) It took me awhile to decide if this was the one I really wanted but I was stuck on the layout of the drawers so I went ahead and ordered it.

I bought some spray paint that is made for plastics and painted it black. Krylon Fusion For Plastic to be exact.

I then made the labels to match my classroom colors, using a turquoise and lime green zebra print from Sassy Designs. Once the labels were finished I printed them on card stock and put them in each drawer. To make sure they will stay in place I used a wee bit of tape to secure them. 
I decided that I wanted it a little more fancy than just the plain black top so I took 3 strips of ribbon and attached them around the outside. Voila ! It is done and ready to use:)

Here is a close up of the draws for you to see. I have created an editable PowerPoint file if you want to get these labels and customize them to your needs. To get the labels for only $1.50 and save yourself some time click here.

Stay tuned for pictures of my completely set up classroom.

Updated July 30, 2013: I have recently had a few requests for some different designed labels for the teacher tool box so of course I made them. Here are other designs you can get for your tool box :) 



  1. Ah! I just bought a 7-drawer plastic storage set a few weeks ago and really don't want it white. I forgot all about spray paint!

    1. After painting mine I now want to paint EVERYTHING. I was thinking today how I could convince my school district to let me paint the shelves in my classroom:)

  2. Oh man, I wish I could spray paint my shelves!! They are 1980's orange!

    Your tool box looks great! I'm a little late to the game and just made mine now.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...